To install a Microsoft Loopback adapter in WIndows 7:
- Start "cmd" in "Administrator mode”
- From the command prompt, run “hdwwiz.exe“. This should launch the “Add Hardware Wizard“. Click Next.
- Select “Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced)” and click Next.
- Now from the list select Network Adapters and click Next.
- Under Manufacturers, select Microsoft and select “Microsoft Loopback Adapter” under Network Adapter and click Next. This should start the installation.
- Click Finish when the installation completes.
To confirm the loopback adapter installed, right-click Computer, select properties. Click Device Manager and expand Network Adapters and you can see the Loopback adapter installed there.