- After plug in your USB, open "My computer".
- Right click "My Computer, select "Manage".
- Open the 'Device Manager' and find your USB drive under the 'Disk Drives' heading.
- Right click the drive and select 'Properties'.
- Choose the 'Policies' tab and select the 'Optimize for performance' option.
- Click 'OK' to close it.
- Now, open 'My Computer'.
- Right click the USB drive and select 'Format'.
- Choose 'NTFS' in the File System dropdown box.
- Click 'Start' to format it in NTFS.
Friday, April 03, 2009
NTFS-hacked in USB without Hacking
I know there are many tools out there to allow you to format a USB thumb/flash drive to NTFS. By default, Windows allow your USB to be formatted to FAT only. Here's the instruction to allow you to format your USB to NTFS without any hacking.